Photo c/o Ashlyn Carter Photography credit: Callie Lindsey
Ashlyn is wearing the ExVoto Gothic Monogram Cuff and the Girlfriend Bracelet with shield & pearls.
OK moms, the new backpacks, school supplies, school clothes have been purchased.
Time to take care of yourself!
Here are my personal favorites for surviving the first semester:
- A good planner to keep track of everyone’s activities. I personally use the Evernote app to keep my random bits of electronic info organized.
- A facial to pamper the skin you have put to the test all summer long. Go treat yourself. I prefer a facial over a massage, actually. It’s more relaxing to me and I love that visibly glowing, new-skin result!
- New date night dress. Our caftans are the obvious choice here–call our showrooms for more photos and details. Each showroom has a unique selection as these are one of a kind and made in the US from vintage Indian sari.
- A fresh pedicure. I’m loving an Essie color called “smokin’ hot” available here.
- Dark wash trouser jeans for parent-teacher conferences. I recommend Paige jeans in a style called canyon which are a high rise bell. I really like mine. Find them here.
- A soft and cozy sweatshirt for early AM carpool runs. Our ExVoto Sweatshirt meets all of the requirements. (To be honest I have been known to make the AM school run wearing this sweatshirt over some pjs and praying I don’t have an accident requiring me to exit the vehicle. I think it makes me a better driver.)
- Our camo vest & leather tote (ok so that’s two, but if the kids get a new backpack and it counts as a “need” and not a “want” then a new tote for mom can squeeze in here, right?) Call or visit our showrooms for more info on the new camo vest. It’s made of Tencel so it’s soft, not stiff, and has a flattering cut to it so you don’t lose your shape entirely. It’s a great layering piece. I wear it over a white tee or tank with shorts now and plan to wear it as the temps drop over a black long-sleeve tee or turtleneck with black jeans.
- Something for your skin! Try my fave under eye cream by Rodan & Fields. It’s called the Redefine Multi-Function eye cream. It’s thick and creamy with peptide technology and the small jar lasts a long time. It helps minimize the appearance of crow’s feet, reduce puffiness and dark circles and brightens the eye area with optical diffusers. To order, contact my friend and hairstylist, Lynze Bandy, at bandysalonstudio.myrandf.com and shoot her an email with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell her I sent you!
- Our new Acorn Necklace with a word of encouragement inside to get you through the homework hours! “Homework Monitor” is my least favorite job-title. This necklace is also a thoughtful gift because you can choose the blessing that goes inside the acorn locket or create your own. When I first began ExVoto, each piece came with a handwritten word of inspiration that people began calling a “blessing.” The Acorn Necklace is one way I incorporate that original blessing concept back into the collection.
- A new coffee! I confess, there is something I sort of like about that early AM get-out-the-door-to-school race. Is that weird? Maybe I just like a good challenge! Beat the clock. Game on. I need a stiff, bold cup of coffee to gear myself up before I start waking the kids up, though. Personally, I love a French press coffee and I like a local coffee roaster called, Red Bike. They have a bold coffee called Mt. Brook Blend that I really like. I get the whole beans and grind them really fine. You can purchase the coffee on their website HERE although I have also found it in Whole Foods and other grocery stores. Give it a try and let me know what you think!